To install the flutter, one must know on which operating system does flutter can be used. Flutter can be used on windows, macOS, linux and chrome OS operating systems. To install flutter on windows we need an Editor and Git.
Let’s follow the steps to install the flutter and to know how the flutter framework works on the windows operating system.
Go to the official site of flutter https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install where you will find flutter for your suitable operating system.
|Operating system||Windows 7 SP1 or later (64-bit), x86-64 based on.|
|Disk Space||1.32 GB (except disk space for IDE/tools).|
|Tools||Flutter is dependent on the below tools applicable in your system environment. Windows PowerShell 5.0 or newer (this comes pre-installed with Windows 10 operating system)Git for Windows 2.x, using Git from the Windows Command Prompt option.|
Note: If the system is having git already installed. You must run the git commands through command prompt or PowerShell
Install Git: To install git to https://git-scm.com/downloads. Here you will find the git installation package for your operating system. After installation you must choose Recommended option.
- Firstly, download the stabilize flutter SDK bundle.
- Now, extract the zip bundle to the chosen directory.
- Update the paths in system environment:
- To update the path Right click on My Computer -> properties -> advanced system settings tab -> click on environment variables.
- Select path from “User variables” -> Edit -> New (add you sdk path) -> ok
- Now open command prompt and run $ flutter doctor. This command will list all the tools that are available to install flutter and the devices that are connected/disconnected to the system.
Install Android Studio
Download latest and stable version from android studio official site https://developer.android.com/studio.
Note: To install android studio you must have installed java jdk. You can find jdk from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html official website.
Extract the compressed folder then double click on .exe file.
When it is completed, click on next and after clicking finish it will prompt below option
You need to choose the Do not import settings option.
Here you need to choose Install Type as Standard for the new user.
Then select the “Theme” as per your comfort. Then click on Finish.
Then it will start installing all the required components that are necessary to run android studio.
After completion the next step is to create a Virtual Device. So, to create a virtual device (Emulator) you need to go to Tools -> Android -> AVD Manager and select Create Virtual Device.
Here you can choose your device and then verify your all configurations. At the end following screen will appear:
Now to confirm the device is created properly you need to run the Emulator. The Emulator will look something like this.
To create a flutter application in android studio you need to install flutter and dart plugins in android studio. Follow the steps to install the plugins:
- Go to File->Settings->Plugins
- Search for flutter plugin and click on install button. While proceeding it will ask you to install Dart then press ok. It will install dart while installing flutter.
- Restart your system.